Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Copycat Lofthouse Sugar Cookies

Monday evening I found this recipe, Copycat Lofthouse Sugar Cookies and decided spontaneously to make them.

         I would insert a picture, but the internet and I apparently aren't speaking.....


 I didn't know what lofthouse cookies were, but these looked good so I made them anyway. They are much easier and faster than a normal sugar cookie. There is no refrigerating or rolling and cutting. They are closer to making peanut butter cookies, actually.

I am a bit of an icing snob. There are a few classic kinds we use, and cream cheese icing on sugar cookies isn't anywhere close. Most times when I decide to use the called-for recipe I wish I had just used my own. This time, however, was not one of them. The cream cheese icing is pretty good. Surprise surprise.

Now, while these are really good and easy to make, they are different from classic sugar cookies, so bear in mind. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment