Monday, January 29, 2018

Seasoned Chicken Potatoes and Green Beans

For supper tonight, I tried a new recipe--Seasoned Chicken Potatoes and Green Beans.




I love crockpot meals that you can put together over lunch and serve 5 min after you come home. SO handy. :)

As usual, I made a larger batch than called for. Plus, my chicken and green beans were half frozen. So, rather than the stated 4 hours, mine was cooking for 6 hours (that, and the fact that 6 hours later was when I got back to it 😊).




Sadly, we didn't really like the taste of this dish. If you'll notice at the bottom of the recipe, it reads: Note- Do NOT use lemon juice out of squeeze bottle and expect this to taste good!  Wanna guess what I did?     "....Ha! Watch me!!...."

I don't know if real versus store-bought lemon juice really makes that big a difference or if we would have even liked it with real lemon juice, but store-bought was not very good. Bother!! 

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if that would have changed whether or not you liked it, but real lemons have an authentic flavor that the bottled stuff doesn't. In large quantities especially, store bought tastes fake. Just my two cents.

    ReplyDelete