Monday, April 9, 2018

Pasta Chili.....then.....Leftover/Spaghetti Pizza

I tried a new recipe last week---Pasta Chili. Basically your regular red chili soup, but with pasta (in this case spaghetti) added in, and cheese melted on top. It gets thick like a casserole, but has that chili-ish taste. With pasta. I can't find the original recipe, but there are 300 variations on Pinterest, which is where I got mine (of course 😉). 

Anyway, it wasn't a big hit. Of course, only half the family was here that night to sample it, but I don't think they would have been too cracked over it. Usually, I'm biased enough (being the cook) to like anything I make, but I didn't even care for it. I think with some variation I would have, but not as I made it that night. 

And as it goes, I ended up with FAR too much left over, and no one interested in eating it. Problem.

Then this evening, I for some unknown reason was thinking about a macaroni and cheese pizza I made last summer (also Pinterest). That led to the idea of making a pizza out of my leftover pasta chili. And I've heard of spaghetti pizza, so it would be basically that. Why not try it???

I made a basic pizza crust and pre-baked it 15min. Then i spread an inch of spaghetti-like substance over it. I then sprinkled on some chopped raw carrots. I don't know where that idea came from, but it seemed a good idea. Finally, some shredded co-jack cheese. Because all pizza needs cheese. 10min longer in the oven, finishing with a mild broil (to melt the cheese and make everything golden brown and bubbly. It also takes care of that slightly watery center that likes to present itself). 

Ta-da!!





I was impressed!! It turned out rather good. Definitely better than eating the plain leftovers. 
And the carrots were indeed a good idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment