Monday, April 17, 2017

Pizza




 


This past Saturday, I was once again making pizza for supper. But having made it many times before, I decided to do it a different way this time---which could have interesting results, as there aren't many ways to make a pizza. :) 


What I did, was mix all the toppings together. I started by frying the sausage, then decided to throw in the pepperoni, chopped peppers, and pizza sauce. Then I put in a lot of Parmesan cheese, and at the end decided to add onions as well, which came out slightly crunchy as they didn't have much time to soften. I was afraid the crunchy onions wouldn't fly with the rest of the family, but they didn't seem to mind. 



When the crust was done baking, I added some mozarella cheese to the mix and dumped the whole thing onto the crust. I was a little worried as I spread it out, because it seems to make a bigger pile than if you put on the toppings individually. I will say though, it didn't take nearly so long as doing everything separately. I put more cheese on top, stuck it in the oven, and hoped for the best.


It ended up tasting very much the same, but with everything being (and tasting) lovelily combined. My brother thought it tasted like a sloppy joe pizza, which is fairly close but for sausage instead of hamburger. And it was fun to do. My mom likes big chunks of sausage, which got beat up in all the stirring, so I'll have to take care for that if I do it this way agian, but otherwise I believe I shall, if not for the novelty of it. Goodness knows what I'll do when I get tired of this way, though. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment