Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Sweet n Sour Chicken



      I have been looking for a good, yet simple, sweet and sour chicken recipe. So far, my favorite one was really good, but quite a bit of work.


     Tonight, I tried a recipe where you deep-fry the chicken for 20-30 seconds per side, then bake in the sauce for an hour. It is still good, and much simpler.

We often eat chicken like this with refried rice. With this recipe, there is time to make the rice while the chicken is baking, rather than trying to do everything at once.

I don't use a refried rice recipe--I simple add what we have on hand. This time I added onion, carrots, ham, peppers, and bacon. The bacon was better than I expected. It lent a really good taste without putting much in.

To make the rice, I saute my vege's, add the meat, then put in the cold rice. After it heats up (or I loose patience) I add 1-2 eggs and some soy sauce and heat thoroughly. This time I also put in some pepper. It made it extra good, I thought.

1 comment: