Saturday, October 22, 2016

A Fool and His Monet

   BOOK REVIEW:  Serena Jones has a passion for recovering lost and stolen art--one that's surpassed only by her zeal to uncover the truth about who murdered her grandfather. She's joined the FBI Art Crime Team with the secret hope that one of her cases will lead to his killer. Now, despite her mother's pleas to do something safer--like getting married--Serena's determined to catch thieves and black market traders.
   When a local museum discovers an irreplaceable Monet missing, Serena leaps into action--and a whole heap of trouble.
 
   MY REVIEW:  A Fool and His Monet is the first in the Serena Jones Mysteries. I have already read the second book, Another Day, Another Dali. I have really enjoyed both books.
   Though she is not the main character, Serena's Aunt Martha is one of my favorite people in these books. She is a fearless, adventure-loving, daring woman in her seventies who is always trying to "help" in Serena's cases. And she's actually very good, though she would do well to think more at times before boldly rushing in.
   I was looking forward to reading this book, and was not disappointed. I read it all at one time, and while that is not unusual for me, it is unusual that I do it in the middle of the day, or while driving (riding actually). I easily get distracted by something out the window, etc., but this time I sat down and only looked up when it was done.
   I liked the plot and how it was unraveled. It didn't strike me as too fast or too slow like some books do. I thought it was very well written, and I can't wait to read book three when it comes out next summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment