Monday, August 29, 2016

The Pursuit of God


    This is the first of A. W. Tozer's books that I have read. I was impressed with this book. I read it through, and will need to read it several more times just to get everything from it. Tozer gives a lot of very meaningful questions and facts to really make you think. Some such are: 
   "Always, everywhere God is present, and always He seeks to discover Himself to each one. He would reveal not only that He is, but what He is as well. He did not have to be persuaded to reveal HImself to Moses. (And the Lord descended in the cloud, and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the Lord. -Exodus 34:5) He not only made a verbval proclamation of His nature but He revealed His very Self to Moses so that the skin of Moses's face shone with the supernatural light. It will be a great moment for some of us when we begin to believe that God's promise of self-revelation is literally true, that He promised much, but no more than He intends to fulfill."
   "When we lift our inward eyes to gaze upon God we are sure to meet friendly eyes gazing back at us, for it is written that the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout all the earth. The sweet languague of experience is Thou God seest me -Genesis 16:13. When the eyes of the soul looking out meet the eyes of God looking in, heaven has begun right here on this earth. 
   I really liked this book, it really made me think, and I hope to read more of his books in the future. 

I recieved this book from Moody Publishers in exchange for my review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment